Monday, October 20, 2008

When Life gives you lemons, make LEMONADE.


Okay...I love cliche's. They are usually relevant to a situation as this one is for us. My sweet mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer a couple of months ago. She was able to have the mass removed and there was no sign of more in her nodes or other tissue tested. Thank you Jesus, she is cancer free. However, she still has to go on with the recommended chemo and radiation treatments to prevent recurrence. This STINKS!! Yesterday was probably her toughest day yet. She has not been in any pain (other than a surgery site...expected). Her pain has been in the decision making through all of this. It just merely hurts your feelings to have to go through something like this. Again, thanks to Jesus we made it through the day yesterday and she will be just fine. She said, "I had my pity party and now it is time to move on." She is and always has been amazing to me. Anytime I have ever been down or have ever had uncertainty about anything, she has always given great advice. She has always encouraged me to press on, "you can't change the past, you can change the future." No, she can't change or know whether or not she will face cancer again. However, this is her way of telling me we are not going to dwell on this but be in control of how we handle it. MOVE ON!!! She will, she always has.

So...we made lemonade. Emily and Maggie had an old fashion lemonade stand (thanks for the pic Julie). They are donating the money they earned along with my little contribution (surprise...they really didn't have a whole lot of traffic) to Breast Cancer Research as this is Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is Emily's way of contributing to her Granny's situation. Although not a lot of traffic, they stuck with it. They had a great time making the poster's and putting them up around the island.

Please keep my sweet mother in your prayers.


5 comments:

Christy said...

Your mother's positive attitude will go a long way in helping her get through the whole chemo process. What a sweet thing for your girls to do!

jennykate77 said...

Prayers for you Mom! What a great perspective she has! Cute pic of your girls...I love lemonade stands and what a great cause! If I were close, I would totally have bought lemonade :)

julie said...

I know your mom is so proud of you and your girls! Hope yesterday was the best that it could have been.

Unknown said...

What an awesome heritage your mom has passed to her daughter and now her grand daughter. I celebrate Jesus' miracle in your mom's life. What a great woman of virtue and character. She sets the standard.

nomo wino daph said...

Attitude is everything!
Praise God she is cancer free!!
That is just awesome!