Thursday, October 16, 2008

To catch you up...

Bo and I met just before my graduating from high school. His brother introduced us..."and that was all she wrote". We have been together for 17 years, married for twelve blissful years. Okay...reality is, as every marriage goes, there have been ups and downs. However, we are truly "Enjoying The Ride". We are the epitome of "opposites attract". That's what keeps us going I guess. I think both of us are sticking around not just because of that little thing called LOVE, but also just to see what is going to happen next. He is very hobby savvy, I am a busy bee myself. But somehow it works for us. I love him and could not imagine life without him. I truly think it would be a boring life...HA!

After 3 years of bliss our first addition came along, Miss Emily. She has been a joy to have as a daughter. A couple of things about Emily...she is tender headed (oh the school mornings when it is time to brush her hair), but most of all, thankfully, she has a tender heart. She loves to take up time with people. I got to witness this tonight. A little girl in her class fell on the playground and broke her arm. Emily could not wait to go see her and take her a "happy". While we were there she wanted to do everything for M. It was really sweet.

Seven years later (Lord what was I thinking) we added our latest addition, Miss Brooke. We thought Emily would be our one and only, but she completed us for definite sure. A couple of things about Brooke...she is full of life (the curious one...no fear) and she loves her "Sissy" . We just thought Emily kept us on our toes...Brooke has her own agenda.

We all enjoy surrounding ourselves with people. We are not home bodies, although sometimes I wish we were. We cherish our relationships with family and friends. It is my prayer that my girls grow up to be women who have a strong sense of who they are as individuals. I want them to build long lasting relationships and know that they come from a "RICH" family. We are definitely not rich with money, rather we are rich in love (that analogy was shown to me recently by a cousin of mine...thanks Kermit). Our family ties are strong and unbreakable. Emily accepted Christ as her Savior last year. She loves the Lord and doesn't mind sharing it. I pray Brooke will come to know Christ at an early age as well. I know it is in God's hands. But speaking from experience, it was much easier growing up with Christ. I accepted Christ at an early age and could not imagine how life would have been without that accountability. Don't get me wrong, I was not perfect (I'm sorry if that let's you down...I know all of your mouths are dropping with surprise, HA HA). However, I had a foundation that was real and it definitely kept me grounded.


Okay, okay...I am through rambling or I guess I should call it "blogging". I didn't mean to bore you, I just wanted to record a few thoughts to look back on. I don't know why I am explaining that...that is what blogging is for, right? Enough is enough...goodnight! Hee Hee!!

4 comments:

jennykate77 said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by mine!

Hope you are having a great day :)

jennykate77 said...

Oh, I think that would be a wonderful thing to do...blessings...I know at least 5 people I could get on board. Do you want to start on November 1st? Fabulous! Just keep me posted!

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. You're encouragine me to blog more. I'm so glad that I have been along on the ride with you. I'm ready for more!!