Saturday, October 18, 2008

BIG HAIR...


Do you remember BIG HAIR? Well, I had it. Dee Dee, my BFF since middle school, posted this pic on Facebook this week. Isn't she beautiful? Was then and is now. We were on cloud nine in this pic. This was about 14 years ago, I think. I'm sure she will correct me if I am wrong. I remember this day like it was yesterday. Weddings are so much fun.
Back to the hair. What she doesn't realize is she has started something...Bo wants me to have curly, BIG hair again soooo bad. He has begged me to get a perm ever since I straightened it ten years ago. He goes through my mom' s house and literally caresses (spelling??) the pics she has of me in high school. How sick is that...HA!. I am tempted to curl it again. I don't know about BIG but the curls would be fun. It would literally take me a full hour to get dressed back in the day. No matter how hard I tried to cut corners, it just took time and the right combination of STUDIO GEL and RAVE #3 to get that hair up there and to stay. This used to drive my family crazy. It was a "bad hair day" when you couldn't get it to lift as high as the day before, hee hee. Realize this is an up-do in th pic. There is a lot of hair you can't see in the pic. Anyhoo...amazingly I now manage to get myself, a husband and two girls ready in about thirty to thirty five minutes when I have to. MUST BE THE HAIR...HA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Like the blog. I'm only beautiful becuase I have a Best Friend like you. You help make my most important day extra special. I could not imagine it without you. I'm glad you are in my life. Not like the big hair, I'm glad it's gone.

Sara Beth said...

HAHA! Oh my goodness do I know where you are coming from. I had insanely BIG Mall bangs. ohhhh the day and yes the hair products were a must!


I will be praying for your mother for her treatment and quick recovery.
sb