Friday, October 24, 2008

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life..."

Or so I was told by my doc this morning. I refuse to let this get me down so here we go. Apparently I am borderline (only borderline) diabetic. Diabetes does run through my family. I have now been officially fair warned. According to the doctor the sirens are going off and if I stay on the path I'm on I will be Diabetic with all the problems that are related. What to do?? DIET!! Surprised?? With diet I should be able to muffle the problem and with life style change I should never have to face Diabetes. I am not a good dieter. I do know how to do it, I just don't want to. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't want to but I am the queen of comfort foods and I know that what is easy is not always best, and I like easy way too much. This really stinks...I am supposed to be concentrating on my mom right now and her journey with breast cancer. Please pray for my perseverance. I don't want to leave this world a minute before God intends (I pray that is a veeeerrrryyy long time). But I also don't want to live my life catering to a disease that I was given a chance to correct. Lord, please let me persevere.

There I said it, it's out, and now I will MOVE ON. For today is the first day of the rest of my life.

3 comments:

nomo wino daph said...

AMEN!

I will be praying for you girl! Keep us updated please. Did you have any signs? Just regular tests?

keep looking up and know your friends are lifting you up, in all areas! Your Mother is so lucky to have you!

GODSPEED! daph

DOROTHY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

As this is good news, I will be supporting you and encouraging you to make better choices. I too feel like I will be on that track if I don't make better choices myself. Diabetes runs in my fam as well. We can do this together. I'll post some ideas on my blog. Keep us posted on what changes you make.