Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm thankful for...

...My husband. Hmmm, let me see!! He is the apple of my eye, my knight in shining armour, my peanut butter and jelly. HA!! Okay, seriously...he is truly the love of my life though. He never fails to amaze me. He loves me unconditionally and I do him. We are not perfect in any way, shape or form at this whole marriage thing. We have our ups and downs as any marriage does. Thank God there are more ups than downs though. But one thing I can say is that no matter how difficult a time can be, whether it be between us or about something outside of us he is my ROCK. I am the worrier, he is the passive one. Isn't it funny how the very things that can drive you crazy about someone are the very things that keep you coming back for more. Bo has a lot of hobbies (hunting, racing, piloting) and he is very passionate about them. A lot of people think I am crazy for putting up with him and his hobbies because they do take up a lot of his time. But, although I may complain on occasion, I am thankful he has a passion to enjoy life. I did not marry him to make him miserable, but to make him better at whatever he chooses to do. Bo is a great Daddy...he is a big teddy bear when it comes to the girls. They love him dearly as well and I enjoy experiencing their love story with their daddy. I pray when they get older they have a profound sense of security in their daddy. I want them to be able to go to him for anything and I think they will. Heck... they already do...they know who to go to for the things that Mom will probably say no to. HA!

We saw the movie "FIREPROOF" together today. I'm sure it was not his choice of movie, but he let me pick...Thank you Lord. If you have not seen this movie, I strongly recommend it. This movie reminded us where we don't want our marriage to ever go. It also reminded us that we do have unconditional love for one another and that we can concur anything we face together.

Thank you Lord for my husband... I love him like crazy and look forward to growing old with him.

So...be careful baby as you have to be here for a veeeerrrryyy long time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well said. I laughed, I cried, you moved me Bob! You two go well together. Brooke and Emily are very blessed to have parents like you.

jennykate77 said...

I have heard great things about Fireproof. We haven't seen it yet. Your DH sounds simply wonderful...lucky girl :)