Monday, November 10, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving #8 & #9...

Sorry I have let a couple of days slide. My mother came over for the weekend so I did not spend too much time on the computer. What time I did spend, I spent reading all the other blogs I stalk. HA!!

So, due to the fact that I have two blessings to catch up at the same time, I think this is the perfect time for me to share my thanks for my girls. Emily and Brooke will never know the value they have added to my life. I am crazy in love with those two little girls. They are absolutely at the top of the list of the best things (aside from my salvation and their daddy) that ever happened to me.

Ten great things about Emily are...

1. Emily has a big heart. She loves to make/give things to people. Example: Anytime I bake something, she thinks of someone she wants to take a piece of whatever it may be. She loves to write cards. Anything to lift someone up. I pray this is the preparation of a servant heart and she will use it someday to minister to others.

2. She loves her family. She adores her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins (even extended ones) and lights up when you bring someone up and is very interested in what is going on with them and when we are going to get to see them again.

3. She has a love for Jesus. The sweetest thing ever was when she was trying to get Brooke to say "I LOVE JESUS" and "JESUS IS MY SAVIOR". She accepted Christ at the age of seven.

4. She loves, loves, LOVES, Taco Soup.

5. She loves to go hunting with her daddy. I'm not sure how much they get to hunt...she is a pretty high maintenance little girl. Although she will never admit that. HA!!

6. She adores her school, her teachers, her church pastors. She is very trusting and loving to the leaders in her life. She does not want to let them down.

7. She still believes in Santa Claus...or she hasn't let on to ME that she doesn't. I hope she never does. I love the magic of Christmas and will never, ever tell her any different.

8. She enjoys riding her bike, playing school, cheering, basketball, softball and dancing. If there is music playing she is going to jiggle...no matter who is around. I love this about her because it tells me she is comfortable in her own skin. As long as it is appropriate, I hope she dances to the music forever.

9. She loves praise and worship at church.

10. She is crazy about High School Musical and Hannah Montana.


Now for my sweet Brooke. A list of 10 great things about Brooke will not seem as extensive as she is only 2 years old and I have not had as long to experience deep, emotional things with her as I have Emily. So here you are.

1. She loves "HAPPY" (aka Angel) the cat. This is Emily's cat named Angel that Brooke has called Happy since day one. This is the best cat EVER because Brooke picks her up by the tail, the ears, the skin on her hiney... and she has never once scratched or tried to hurt Brooke to get away. Go figure. God knew which cat to bless us with.

2. She loves, loves, LOVES candy. This child has a sweet tooth bigger than anyone I have ever seen. She has candy radar. I can hide it and forget where I hid it and she finds it. If she hears a candy wrapper being opened from another room in the house, she will beeline to get to it. "I ont CONDY...PEESE!!"

3. She loves her mommy. Until the last six months, no one could do a thing for her but me. As a teeny, tiny thing she would let you know you could not do whatever the task for her, only mommy.

4. Aside from #3...at bedtime she is a Daddy's girl. Yes, I am one of THOSE parents who let their children sleep with them. When it comes to night, night time, she wants to be right up under her daddy and no one can touch her or her daddy. I have to be in the bed with them for her to go to sleep but can hardly look at her without causing a disturbance. HA!

5. She absolutely adores her "Sissy". She lights up when Emily comes home from school. She wants to do everything Emily does. When Emily and her friends are cheering or dancing, she has to be right there with them. Watching her try to do a back bend or forward roll is hilarious.

6. She loves to go outside. She can get away from you in a split second.

7. She loves to ride her tricycle.

8. She loves her Nanny. Bo's grandmother, Nanny, keeps her for me while we work. She has Nanny wrapped around her finger.

9. She loves to sing "The Itsy, Bitsy Spider" and "Zacchaeus Was A Wee Little Man".

10. She has a way about her that makes you want to kiss her like a brownie...and I do as often as I can.

I love both of my girls more than life itself and thank God everyday for sharing them with me.

I love you both more than ice cream my sweet angels. Love, Mommy

6 comments:

jennykate77 said...

Two really great things to be ever so thankful for! Your girls are adorable!

Thanks for sharing :)

nomo wino daph said...

Awesome!! Love it!
Aren't they just THE BEST!

Don't blink cause before you know it, they will be 15, waa waa!!

Christy said...

Awwww, we have a Sissy in our house too. And I have a 2 year old that sleeps with us too! :))

Unknown said...

I learned some things about Emily that I didn't know. That's awesome. You go right ahead and let Brooke sleep with you 2. She will not be there forever. I promise. She will not be ruined either. That builds security. She needs that. You tell everybody that Aunt Dee Dee said it was o.k.

Sara Beth said...

oh what sweeties! Sounds like you definitely have some blessings in your house!

Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

Your Daughters are such a BLESSING.. They sound like they bring you so much JOY!!! ENJOY every minute!! M