Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Friends are friends...WARTS and all!!

Today I am thankful for my BFF of OMGOODNESS "19" YEARS. Oh my...that's a long time. We will have a twenty year anniversary next Fall. Can you give, or better yet, GET presents for 20 year BFF anniveraries like you do marriages? There should be a list like there is a wedding anniversary list of appropriate gifts. I'm sure there should be something good on that list...tee hee hee. Anyhoo, her name is Dee Dee and she is amazing. We met the first day of our 6th grade year in Social Studies. It was BFF at first sight. We truly have been all this time. We met...buddied up...and here we are. We played the same band instruments (bells and xylephone). We even worked together in the same department at a bank while we were in college. I know we had to have had a spat here and there but we never called off our friendship that I can remember. We have been there for each other since day one. I love her because she is always there for me. Whether there is anything going on or not...she is content to talk a lot about something or a lot about nothing. We love a lot of the same things, especially shopping, although because of the distance we live between each other we don't get to spend a lot of time doing those things. It never really mattered what we did/do when we were/are together just as long as we were both there. We planned our weddings with each other...that was a wonderful time for both of us. (Scroll down to my BIG HAIR blog and you will find a pic of us at her wedding. WOW...a then and now!) There was nothing we would not do for each other. We were, and still are, inseperable even though there are miles between us. We talk on the phone almost daily. If not more than once daily if we get to talking about something serious. She homeschools her children...Lord I don't know how she does it. But I am very proud of her. I thought she was crazy and honestly did not have a whole lot of faith that she would be successful at that. Only because I could never try that myself. I would be crazy after the first day. She will tell you, I asked her, "are you sure?" more than a thousand times as she was setting up to be a homeschool mom. But in spite of me, (she has a greater BFF relationship with the man upstairs) she has done it and is succeeding greatly. Her children are wonderful and thriving and loving life. She prayed about it...got the go ahead...and did it. REMARKABLY!!! She has a heart for Jesus first, her husband second and then her children. It is evident. She declares it daily and that's what I love about her. She has no problem putting the stops on me and reminding me of a scripture or story in the Bible to keep me in line. God just knows who to fit together doesn't he? Go check her out...she's a hottie...www.praises2sing.blogspot.com. She will bless you with her blogs as she has me.

I love you Dee Dee and thank God he put us together. BFF
XOXOXO

6 comments:

nomo wino daph said...

LOVE IT!! Happy BFF Anniversary!!

I agree, she will bless you with her words! I read some yesterday:)

Congratulations ladies!

Christy said...

So nice to hear that you guys have remained friends after all these years!

Unknown said...

OK, I never saw that coming. I don't know what to say, except that you just made my day, no, my week, no, my year. I will never forget the words of love you have spoken. I will probably read that a hundred times. That was the best BFF anniversary gift you could have given me. But yea, what are going to do about the 20 year. Go on a trip together?!?!!! You know I love you very much. You are the greatest!!

Sara Beth said...

AWWWW God is so good to put people in our lives that will speak the truth in honesty and love, to encourage us when we are down, to love us when we need a little extra, to just BE There when we need them. Congratulations on keeping that friendship going. It takes work with all the outside demands life throws at us!!! Cant wait to hear how ya'll celebrate!

jennykate77 said...

What a great thing to be thankful for! Aren't "old" friends the best! (disclaimer: I'm not meaning old as in age, but as in how long you've had them :) Love the post!

Hope you're having a terrific Thursday!

Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

Friends are the BEST Thing in the WORLD..

God has indeed blessed the two of you!!

Blessings on your next 20 years of FRIENDSHIP!!

Hugs, M